3) I am an EU national and wish to set up a company in Malta for the manufacture and export of, say, computer peripherals. Will I be permitted to reside in Malta?

The fact that a person owns shares in a Malta registered company does not bring automatic entitlement to residence in this country.

Normally an investor coming to Malta from overseas would need to apply for a work permit in order to be able to work locally. The permit application will be submitted by the company itself and issued to the company which will retain responsibility for compliance of all statutory obligations ( example taxation and social security contributions) of the investor. The processing of such applications are normally given preference and very seldom is any application by an investor refused.

However since 1st May, 2004, such limitations were removed as far as they affect EU citizens.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.